Manager of Clinical Governance, Quality & Risk
Kath commenced working as a Registered Nurse in 2006.
Kath has experience in a wide variety of clinical settings including perioperative nursing, rural nursing and general medical and palliative areas and in quality management and research governance and ethics. Kath has a strong background in private and public acute hospital settings and working for the Commonwealth Government nationally. This experience allows Kath to have a unique perspective across a wide range of sectors that all contribute to the overarching framework of the provision of quality health care across the entire life spectrum.
Kath’s experience in the Quality & Risk Management field has seen her lead and have high level involvement in strategic corporate and clinical governance areas including:
• development and maintenance of all quality and accreditation plans to ensure processes for compliance with relevant accreditation standards
• Responsibility for internal and external audit programs
• Analysing and evaluating clinical outcomes (guidelines and indicators)
• Clinical and corporate system review teams
• Quality Improvement activities
• Risk Management activities
• Patient Safety Initiatives
• Consumer engagement Kath has a passion for consumer directed care and places this model of care at the forefront of her work for McLean Care.
• Studying towards Masters in Nursing
• Bachelor of Nursing
• Majoring in Quality and Risk
• Member, Australian College of Nursing
• Member, Australasian Association for Quality in Health Care (AAQHC)