Allied Health at McLean CareMay 16, 2023 12:54 am
Did you know that McLean Care has in house Physiotherapists and a Dietitian?
In house Allied Health services can be accessed under your McLean Care Home Care Package and can be delivered face to face or remotely via telehealth depending on your location.
How may a physio help me?
Physiotherapy can be particularly important as we get older as it can help to maintain our strength, endurance, and independence. A Physiotherapist certainly isn’t limited to but may be able to assist in one or more of the following:
• Mobility assessment and walking aid prescriptions
• Injury prevention and treatment
• Pain management interventions
• Falls prevention strategies and education
• Customised home exercise and rehabilitation programs
How can a dietitian help me?
Nutrition plays an important role in ageing as appetites and lifestyles can often change as we get older. It is important to maintain healthy eating habits to support your healthy ageing journey. A dietitian referral may be beneficial if a person is experiencing one or more of the following:
• Poor appetite.
• Unintentional weight loss.
• A chronic wound or delayed healing wound.
• Digestive concerns such as constipation, diarrhoea, reflux, nausea etc.
• Deficiencies such as iron deficiency.
• Food intolerances or allergies.
• Assistance with planning and preparing easy meals.
• Reduced mobility because of unintentional weight gain.
For more information, speak with your McLean Care coordinator for a referral.