Clare’s Rainbow RiceOctober 5, 2022 12:22 am
Serves = 8
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small piece of pumpkin (about ⅛
- of a whole pumpkin), finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- ½ capsicum, finely chopped
- 200g cauliflower, finely chopped to about breadcrumb consistency
- 2 medium eggs (65g each) (lightly beat with milk, using a fork)
- 2 Tbsp reduced fat milk
- 1 cup of cooked rice (1/3 cup dry rice boiled for 12 minutes in 1.5 cups water, drained)
- 2 Tablespoon coriander or parsley (optional), finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil spray.
STEP 1. Heat a large fry pan to medium and spray with oil
STEP 2. Add the onion to the fry pan and stir fry for 3 minutes until the onion starts to soften
STEP 3. Add the crushed garlic, ginger and curry paste to the fry pan and cook for another 2 minutes until the onion is soft
STEP 4. Add the chopped pumpkin and carrot, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes
STEP 5. Add the chopped celery and zucchini, cooking for a further 3-4 minutes.
STEP 6. Make a large well in the centre and add the beaten egg mixture and allow it to spread into the surrounding vegetables. Once it starts to set, after about 3 minutes, flip the eggs.
STEP 7. Add the cooked rice, processed cauliflower, celery and red capsicum and stir through the egg and vegetable mix, breaking the egg into pieces, and mix through until it is evenly distributed.
STEP 8. Toss through the chopped coriander and serve.