Good Health in Focus for 2022February 1, 2022 1:32 am
The arrival of the new year provides an opportunity to rethink, refresh and restart the new year with good habits that promote healthy living. Did you know we now have our very own inhouse dietitians at McLean Care.
How can a dietitian help me?
Our team of McLean Care Dietitians provide comprehensive Medical Nutrition Therapy to a wide diversity of clients. With our extensive knowledge and consideration for evidence based health and nutrition information, we provide practical and person centred advice in your own home via face to face or Telehealth services.
What is a Dietitian?
Accredited practising Dietitians are university qualified professionals that undertake ongoing training and education to stay up-to-date with credible, evidenced based nutrition information
Dietitians practice in line with Dietitians Australia Professional Standards and Code of Conduct for Dietitians & Nutritionists.
What do they do?
Our Dietitians will complete a comprehensive assessment that reviews your medical history, medication, pathology, social influences and cultural background alongside your nutritional problems and goals with scientific health and nutritional information to provide practical and person centred advice.
Who is it for?
Do you suffer from any health/medical issues such as, but not limited to:
• Gastrointestinal Concerns (IBS, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Reflux, Diverticular Disease)
• Concerns around weight loss or weight gain
• Cancer and Radiation treatment
• Concerns around managing chronic diseases; diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure.
• Nutrition support for people requiring feeding tubes or PEGs
• Renal or Liver Failure
• Food allergies and intolerances
McLean Care has the capacity to accept referrals for the following clients:
• Patients aged over 65 years who are eligible for Commonwealth Home Support Program Services via My Aged Care
• Home Care Package Clients where clients aren’t already receiving dietetics service
• DVA Gold Card Holders
• Private Fee-Paying Patients – Health Fund Rebates are available.
Clients who are over the age of 65 years, can contact My Aged Care to discuss eligibility and referral. Referrals can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 02 6722 2025
Stay connected and join the conversation with us