Greek Lamb With Crispy Potatoes.June 2, 2021 6:21 am
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4cup (60ml) olive oil
2tbs chopped rosemary leaves
1 lemon, sliced
4 x 4-cutlet lamb racks
10 chat potatoes
150g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
1. Combine garlic with 2 tablespoons of oil, rosemary and lemon in a bowl. Add lamb, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Meanwhile, part-cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 5-6 minutes, then drain.
4. Flatten each potato with a potato masher and place in an oiled roasting pan. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season well. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
5. Meanwhile, heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Sear the lamb on all sides. Place lamb and any pan juices on top of the potatoes with lemon slices and roast for 10 minutes (for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking). Remove lamb, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and olives to the potatoes, then return pan to the oven for a further 5 minutes until tomatoes soften.
Serve the lamb on the potato mixture, with mint sauce if desired