Medical Alert Systems. How do I choose the right one?May 19, 2020 12:50 am
There are plenty of wearable medical alert options available today that provides first responders and others, information about a persons medical condition, in the event of an emergency or loss of consciousness in public.
From smartphones to jewellery, you may want to consider options that can either sense a fall or be as easy to use as pressing a button in the event of a fall. If you are concerned about falls, your family may want to move to a more advanced monitoring system. Here are some questions for you to consider to help you choose the best possible system for your family:
- What is your budget? Some services have monthly fees.
- Do you want home monitoring or mobile monitoring, or both?
- Do you need a system that works well for the hearing impaired?
- Do you want 24-hour monitoring?
- Do you want a fall-detection option? Medical alert systems may not automatically include fall sensing equipment
You can also talk to your doctor, pharmacist or health care worker who are familiar with your needs if you are still unsure. It is important that you have the right device for your circumstances