Residential Aged Care Services Response to COVID-19We want to remind you that our visitor access procedures remain in line with government advice that aims to reduce the risk of COVID-19
Thank you for your patience as we work towards keeping our residents and our communities as safe as possible.
Social distancing still applies. To ensure we continuously meet social distancing requirements each of our homes has implemented twice weekly scheduled visiting.
Additionally, during visit times:
- All visitors must enter through the designated entry and follow guidance provided by staff on arrival. There is a screening process on arrival that includes temperature testing
- The visiting hour periods are between 9am-12noon and between 2pm-5pm
- Resident visits can have one visit per day (as discussed with each home) with a maximum of two people in this visit
- Residents can have a maximum of two people visiting at once, however there are no restrictions on the number of visits per day.
- Do not visit if you have returned or arrived from overseas in the last 14 days or if you have been recently in a designated COVID-19 Hot Spot or area of concern.
- Do not visit if you have a fever or symptoms of acute respiratory infection, even a minor symptom, of respiratory illness (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, nasal congestion)
- All visitors must have received a current 2020 Influenza Immunisation and will need to provide evidence of this. This can be a letter from your GP, or an immunisation history statement available from Medicare. You will only need to show this once as we will also be maintaining a confidential register of immunisation status.
Please remember, we are not out of the woods yet, restrictions will be revised depending on Government advice and legislation and any cases of COVID-19 cases in our communities. We will continue to provide you with information should changes occur.
Thank you once again for all of your understanding, assistance and support.
Should you have any queries, please contact the specific facility. Should you wish to obtain more information about COVID-19, the government has a dedicated phone service as below.
Coronavirus Health Information Line
Call this line if you are seeking information on coronavirus (COVID-19). The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
1800 020 080
Residential facilities direct contact
- Killean (Inverell) 02 6721 7300
- Kolora (Guyra) 02 6779 1922
- CWA House (Oakey) 07 4691 1130
- Yallambee (Millmerran) 07 4695 1580
- Apex Road (Gunnedah) 02 6741 5400
- Alkira (Gunnedah) 02 6742 9100