Working towards increased visitor accessApril 30, 2020 12:39 am
Throughout the current international health crisis, McLean Care has been planning all elements of our care and services in line with government guidelines and industry best practice. In particular the guidelines from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee.
In line with our pandemic plan and after a thorough risk assessment of the national and local information on COVID-19 we will be working towards we have been able to safely commence removing some of the visitor restrictions that have been in place for the past few weeks.
As of the 4th of May all of McLean Care Residential facilities will have increased access to visitors with the following measures in place in line with government advice that aims to reduce the risk of COVID-19 entering into our homes:
– All visitors must enter through the
designated entry and follow guidance provided by staff on arrival. There is a
requirement for a screening process that includes temperature testing.
– The visiting hour periods are between 10am-12noon and between 2:00pm-4pm
– Residents can have one visit per day with a maximum of two people in this visit
– As per government advice, children under the age of 16 are not permitted
– all visitors must have received a current 2020 Influenza Immunisation and will need to provide evidence this. This can be a letter from your GP, or an immunisation history statement available from Medicare. You will only need to show this once as we will also be maintaining a confidential register of immunisation status.
Please be patient with us as we will need to take you a through screening and administrative procedures that are designed to ensure your safety and wellbeing as well as the safety and wellbeing of the loved one that you are visiting.
Why the 4th of May
– Ensuring we approach in safe and effective way
– Allowing enough time to consult with residents social contacts such as the immediate family member or the person responsible
– Time to organise appropriate resources to manage the processes to ensure safety for all
– Allows additional time for visitors to ensure that are able to obtain their influenza vaccination.
Please remember we are not out of the woods yet, restrictions may need to be revised based on Government directives and COVID-19 cases in our local communities. We will continue to provide you with information should changes occur. And most importantly if you have the flu or COVID-19 like symptoms PLEASE do not visit any of our facilities.
We are looking forward to continuing to working in partnership with you to ensure our residents’ health and happiness during these trying times and look forward to seeing you again soon
For interviews or more details please contact:
CEO | McLean Care® Ltd P: 02 6721 7300 67 Killean Street, Inverell, NSW, 2360