Caramel TartsSeptember 29, 2020 12:33 am
- 18 butternut snap biscuits
- 395gm canned sweetened condensed milk
- 60gm unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Grease 18 holes from two 12-hole (1½-tablespoon/30ml) shallow round-based patty pans.
2. Place one biscuit each over top of 18 pan holes. Bake about 4 minutes or until biscuits soften. Using the back of a teaspoon, gently press softened biscuits into pan holes, cool.
3. Stir condensed milk, butter and sugar in small heavy-based saucepan over heat until smooth. Bring to the boil, stirring, about 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and dark caramel in colour. Remove from heat, stir in juice.
4. Divide caramel mixture among biscuit cases. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.