Apple Tea CakeSeptember 29, 2021 2:02 am
• 3 Large Green Apples peeled and sliced thinly
• 80ml Verjuice
• 170gm Caster Sugar
• 185g unsalted butter
• 1tspn Vanilla Bean Paste
• 2 free range eggs
• 1 1/4 Cup of Self-Raising Flour
• 1 tspn Ground Cinnamon
• 3/4 Cup Milk
• 1 tbspn Icing Sugar to Dust
• 500g Rich Vanilla Bean Ice Cream to Serve
1. Grease a 20cm (8 inch) spring form pan, preheat oven to 180C.
2. Peel apples, remove cores and slice thinly. Place into a medium sized saucepan with Verjuice and 1 tablespoon of caster sugar and cook over medium low heat until soft (about 20 minutes) but not mushy, set aside to cool.
3. Cream butter, remaining sugar and vanilla in a bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition.
4. Transfer mixture to large bowl, stir in shifted flour, cinnamon and milk. Spread half the mixture into a prepared pan. Place half the apples on top of the mixture. Add the remaining cake mix on top of the apples. Finish with the remaining apples layed in a circular motion on top.
5. Place into the preheated oven and bake for approximately on hour until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
6. Dust with icing sugar and serve with rich vanilla bean ice cream.