Short Term Restorative Care
This 8 week program is designed to help reverse or slow the difficulties you are having with everyday tasks, so that you can retain your independence.
Who is it for?
You may be eligible for short term restorative care if you are an older person who wants to remain independent and out of long-term residential care but needs a little extra help.
You may have noticed your capability levels have changed to the extent that:
- You need some help with everyday tasks
- Mentally and physically, you feel you’re slowing down
- Your walking speed has also decreased
- You have trouble holding or gripping objects
- You are generally doing less, yet feel exhausted and have experienced unintended weight loss.
How Does It Work?
We will work with you to identify your goals and to help reverse or reduce the difficulties you’re experiencing with everyday tasks.
We then put together a team of health professionals, including a doctor to treat any medical conditions and who working together to help you work towards your goals.
This program is highly effective when you have the support of family, friends and health professionals.
At the conclusion of the Short Term Restorative Program, we can assist you with ongoing support and services.
What Help Is Available?
The types of services provided will be guided by an assessment from the multi-disciplinary team. This will ensure your medical needs are met. Services will be selected with your input and chosen to meet your needs.
Services may include, but are not limited to:
- lifestyle, mobility aids and equipment
- chiropractic services
- continence management
- cooking assistance
- home maintenance
- innovative assistive technologies to help you keep safe and secure, monitor your health or keep you socially connected
- installation of minor modifications around the house such as bathroom rails
- nutrition, meal preparation and diet advice (dietetics)
- personal care and assistance
- physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- podiatry (foot care)
- psychologist or counsellor support
- social work
- speech therapy
- support services including cleaning or laundry, medication management, emotional support
- therapy groups
You do not need an income assessment to access the Short Term Restorative Care program.
The Australian government subsidises a range of aged care services to keep fees affordable. Any fees or fee arrangement will be discussed during the planning process and agreed to before the program begins.
Each package is designed specifically for and with you. This allows you to work with a team of health professionals to set your goals on what you want to achieve.
To find out if you are eligible, please contact our customer service team. They will help you to connect with My Aged Care for an assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team.
Where Are the Services Provided?
McLean Care provides Short Term Restorative Care (STRC) services in the following regions in Queensland: Darling Downs and Logan area including Beenleigh, Kingston, Woodridge, Jimboomba, Beaudesert, Tamborine and Greenbank.
New South Wales: Hunter, New England and Tweed / Northern Rivers areas.
Download the Short Term Restorative Care flyer here: